Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Dispaly Network & Search Network

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I want to run a camp on dispaly network  & on Search Network

Should i run two different camp : One for display & another for Search Network      OR     should i run only one camp i.e. search with dispaly select.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dispaly Network & Search Network

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi jeewan,

For best practice it's better to run both campaigns separately.Search Network with Display Select act differently than other two campaign options. If you are a new adviser it's easier to run with Search Network with dislplay select because system do most of the works for you.

But if you need more control over your campaigns it's better to start search network and display network as two campaigns. It will help you to messure your results seperatly and get a clear understanding about how your campaings works for you.

Hope this helps. 

Re: Dispaly Network

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Jeewan Ji,

I second Nisal's advice, search with display select won't allow to run
campaigns on image ads. Also you can not allot budget n bids for display.
Your display ads will show up only if budget left from search campaign.

Run separate campaign for both campaign.

Thanks
Neha

Sent by Phone
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Nisal Thank you very much for replying my post , Another doubt about Diplay Network, Should i target individual website only or any other better method of targeting in Dispaly Network

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi Jeewan,

I think you mean placements right? Well it depend. If you know where your ads show ( If you have good understanding about which websites you should show your ad) you can use Managed placements. This will need some time and if you do it perfectly i believe you can have better results.

But if you new to the industry you advertising you can use Automatic PlacementsGoogle uses contextual targeting to match your ads to relevant placements based on your keyword list, among other factors. So it would be easier and google will do most of the works for you. 

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jeewan G,

In addition to the excellent suggestions by Neha & Nisal, i would like to suggest you to use "Display Planner" tool to get a list of placements ideas which is relevant to your services/products.

When using Managed Placement you can also use keywords to make sure that your adds are showing on the relevant pages.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jeewan,

I suggest you should go for individual search and display campaigns. This would really help you analyzing the performance of keywords, placements, and even your copies with individual parameters. If you are planning to target particular interests and topics, then Search with Display Select is not a good idea, as it completely focuses on placements and keywords. Besides, once you switched to display select, then you won't be able to switch back to your individual campaigns. Hence, unless you are very sure with your targeting and objectives, it is a good idea to have two individual campaigns.

I hope this helps.

Kapil M

Top Contributor Alumni
# 8
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Jeewan,
To add to the excellent answers you've received from Nisal, Neha, et al, I'd say that when determining where to show your Ads on the Google Display Network choose what makes the most sense for your business, and what aligns to your business goals. The Google Display Network allows you to scale your reach very quickly. If you're looking for mass reach, consider targeting by Interests, Topics, or Demographics. If you're looking for a lower scale Campaign, maybe with a direct response component, consider targeting based on your Keywords and the content of webpages, or even consider Remarketing - only targeting users who've been to your site before.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704368