Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancies of showing ads in Google shopping and the Google search

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello All,

I would to ask a question regarding shopping campaign to all the experts in this community.

My question is if I search any of the products in Google shopping and the Google search then I see there are some discrepancies of showing ads in both tabs.

Let me explain if I search something in google shopping then my shopping campaign ads visible on the top but when I search same query in Google search then my shopping campaign ads are not showing there why?  

Can anyone explain this issues I will be very thankful to him.  

Many Thanks,
Abhishek

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Discrepancies of showing ads in Google shopping and the Google search

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I began write, but here is better explanation:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Shopping-and-Merchant/What-s-the-difference-between...

You need adwords account a you can target on specific people with specific products/categories - it is very simple conclusion.

Tomas

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Thanks for a good question Abhishek, apart from search and shopping results your ads might also be displayed on partner websites and you may be surprised checking their perfromance there. So I would suggest to segment data by top vs other report first. 

Coming back to your original question I would guess that in your specific case it depends on lot's factors as Google in using auction based model. I know that I didn't fully answer on this specific point - I will get back to you if I will have more insights about it.  

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
@Alexey

Thanks for your reply,

Now i would like to tell you that i use this metrics and not found and concrete solution because if i use this then google shown combined result of shopping and search. In that case how can i diffrentiate in statistic.

Now i found that most of my shopping campaign conversion is are getting from google search. How can i be enagae with every auction.

I am waiting for your some more valuable suggestions

Many Thanks,