AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancies of showing ads in Google shopping and the Google search

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello All,

I would to ask a question regarding shopping campaign to all the experts in this community.

My question is if I search any of the products in Google shopping and the Google search then I see there are some discrepancies of showing ads in both tabs.

Let me explain if I search something in google shopping then my shopping campaign ads visible on the top but when I search same query in Google search then my shopping campaign ads are not showing there why?  

Can anyone explain this issues I will be very thankful to him.  

Many Thanks,
Abhishek

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Discrepancies of showing ads in Google shopping and the Google search

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I began write, but here is better explanation:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Shopping-and-Merchant/What-s-the-difference-between...

You need adwords account a you can target on specific people with specific products/categories - it is very simple conclusion.

Tomas

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Thanks for a good question Abhishek, apart from search and shopping results your ads might also be displayed on partner websites and you may be surprised checking their perfromance there. So I would suggest to segment data by top vs other report first. 

Coming back to your original question I would guess that in your specific case it depends on lot's factors as Google in using auction based model. I know that I didn't fully answer on this specific point - I will get back to you if I will have more insights about it.  

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
@Alexey

Thanks for your reply,

Now i would like to tell you that i use this metrics and not found and concrete solution because if i use this then google shown combined result of shopping and search. In that case how can i diffrentiate in statistic.

Now i found that most of my shopping campaign conversion is are getting from google search. How can i be enagae with every auction.

I am waiting for your some more valuable suggestions

Many Thanks,