AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Diffrence between traffic estimate and actual cpc

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi

I want to know about how much diffrences occurs between traffic estimation and actual CPC. I know they have diffrence but i don't know how much. And please tell me why these diffrences occurs between Actual CPC and Traffic Estimation.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Diffrence between traffic estimate and actual cpc

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Arvind,

Traffic estimation and actual CPC are two different metrics; I think you want to know the difference between estimated cpc and actual cpc

Actual cpc is the final amount that you're charged for a click. Where estimated cpc is calculated based on Adwords historical data. Since this is just an estimate so this will always differ from actual cpc. Your actual cpc can go up or down based on the competition/ad auction.

Same way you estimated traffic and actual traffic an also differ.

Cheers,

Nouman

Re: Diffrence between traffic estimate and actual cpc

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Arvind,

I think perhaps you may be confusing some topics/concepts here.

CPC is Cost Per Click, what you pay (or are willing to pay) per click on your ads.

Traffic Estimates are simply estimates of potential ad activity based on historical searches, bids, budgets etc...

Not sure if this helps but here is some additional information from the help center about the Keyword Planner and how to better understand the data there.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3022575?hl=en&ref_topic=3175091

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’