Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Different tracking codes for campaign with conversion optimizer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone

So basically, the accounts that im managing has conversion optimizer turned on because it has enough historical data. It also has 2 types of  conversion tracking code: one for sale, the other for registration. Is it a good practice keeping 2 tracking codes while using conversion optimizer?.  My rationale is that since getting registrations is

much easier than sales, it would lead adwords to optimize my account for more registrations but not sales. That

means my account would incur more cost and higher CPA. What do you think? Please give me some advice

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Different tracking codes for campaign with conversion optimizer

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

There shouldn't be any concerns because you are trying to keep track of 2 different goals i.e. registration and sale using different action type of conversion tracking in your account.

Doing this would actually help you identify which keywords are driving sales and which ones registrations for your website. Based on the data you receive, you can fine tune the campaigns even though you are using the Conversion Optimizer.  Read more about this in the help center reference here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2471188?hl=en

Based on best practices, you can define various CPAs for your campaigns so that you receive higher ROI.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nhat B
September 2015

Re: Different tracking codes for campaign with conversion optimizer

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

First of all i am not an expertSmiley Happy I just went through the hep articles and your rationale is correct.

You have the option of not allowing a particular conversions from using conversion optimizer while setting up a conversion. You can change it at any time and it won't be a problem.

auto optimization.png

This setting will allow you to target only the sale completed conversion using conversion optimizer. Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Siva.