2.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Different dest. URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I add different dest. URL to the same ad group to test it?, what would happen if I did this?!

or should I duplicate this adgroup & change the dest. URL.

Thanks in advance. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mohamed T
September 2015

Re: Different dest. URL

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

The policy is to have the same Domain (same website)  inside the same ad group, different destination URLs from the same domain are allowed in the Ad Group.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mohamed T
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Mohamed,

It is fine using different destination url in single adgroup. If it's from a same website. By duplicating adgroup, keywords will be duplicated which will hamper performance.

You can use the two adcopy with two different destination url in single adgroup.

Edit: I was typing when Adrian gave answer.

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Adrian,
It's the same domain but a different dest.URL, Will this effect the ad relevancy or lower any of it's metrics to be viewed.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Mohamed,

"or should I duplicate this adgroup & change the dest. URL."

As Adrian said, We are not allowed to use two domain in Same AdGroups. However you can use two destination URL of same domain in one Ad Group.

If you duplicate the ad group and add different destination URL, in this case one of your ads will appear on the Search engine Result page, which wins ad auction or has higher Ad Rank.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

In theory having multiple destination URLs from the same domain in the same ad group ( for the same keywords) whould have an impact on the quality score of the keywords since the Landing page relevancy matters for this metric. However there is no tool to measure this impact of combined 2 URLs for ads in an ad group.

For example a bad landing page will trigger the keyword status "Landing page experience : below average" and a good landing page will trigger the status "Landing page experience: above average". Read more about it from here : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1659694?hl=en&ref_topic=24937

Can you offer an example as to why you would need 2 destination URLs at the Ad level for the same keywords, same ad group, in what circumstances ?