Guide Me
star_border

Difference on CPC max for same keyword to show on first page between campaigns

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I currently have two campaigns, one with broad match keywords to find good keywords and another where I put the new found keywords inside AdGroups with exact and phrase match and broad match modifier (+).

While doing some tests with CPC Máx i noticed that if I get the same broad keyword from this test campaign and put it inside the other, where the found keywords go, the CPC Máx to show in the first page, accordingly to google, is entirely different. In the first, test broad match campaign, the Máx to show in first page is bellow U$ 0,25 a click while in the other is almost U$ 0,60.

There is any reason for AdWords to behave this way?

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Difference on CPC max for same keyword to show on first page between campaigns

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Because of the nature of your two campaigns, are you using negative keywords in your broad campaign? If so, the suggested bid for your broad campaign could be lower because of the searches it won't match due to negatives.

And keep in mind that Google considers much more than just what your keyword is - for example the performance of the ads it is triggering.

Re: Difference on CPC max for same keyword to show on first page between campaigns

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi @Fabio,

It's quite reasonable that broad match keywords CPC will be lower since your targeting is not relatively specific. The narrower people you target the higher the CPC are - this rule match to any advertising system in the world.

To opmitize it, make sure your second campaign running okay with high quality score and the best ad you've got. Your first campaign should be considered as a short term tool for finding new potential searches so leave it running for a while so find the value.

But be sure to switch off the first one and delete it. Any not ideal campaign will bring the "account score" anyway, causing downside affect in the long run. So keep your account healthy.

Thanks,
Jason