5.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Difference between types of extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm a little bit confused between Call Out Extensions and Structured Snippets Extensions - seems very similar to me. Can someone elaborate on the difference? Structured Snippets Extensions are relatively newer.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Difference between types of extensions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
One significant difference that I have noticed is that Google seem to check the snippets - i.e. they look to see if your links relate to the "topic" and if it's too loose a connection the extension gets disapproved.

With call out extensions there doesn't seem to be the same level of scrutiny - although I would not recommend that you make claims that are not substantiated by your site...

As much as anything all these extensions take up valuable screen real estate and should be added wherever and whenever possible - but sometimes snippets simply don't fit because your site structure, or the nature of what you offer doesn't fit. In this case, don't worry. It's better not to add them than try and force a square peg in a round hole....

Re: Difference between types of extensions

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Lindsey,

Hope this image will make you clear.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAARSAAAAJDFiMzFlYTQwLWYwMmUtNGM1Mi04NDZjLTRkNWQzN2RiMWY2Mg.jpg

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’