AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Did something change around Dec. 2-4? my traffic went from 600-800 per day down to about 50.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I haven't changed any of my campaign settings, my account is still funded, etc... etc...

Is this normal for December, due to people's holiday activities?   Or did something change overall for everyone around that time?

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated.

Re: Did something change around Dec. 2-4? my traffic went from 600-800 per day down to about 50.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi TSWadmin,
Welcome to the community - Are you able to provide some more details about your campaign. Are you running GDN or search only? What markets are you targeting? Also - what source are you getting your data from, AdWords or Analytics (I've seen inconsistencies in Analytics data before).

To the best of my knowledge there has been no outages or major changes that you cause this so we need to dig a little deeper into your particular circumstance.

Thanks,
Matt

Re: Did something change around Dec. 2-4? my traffic went from 600-800 per day down to about 50.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

could be many reasons why clicks and/or impressions fall suddenly. For example:

1) your competitor(s) highered their bids and/or increased their quality score

2) your quality score was recalculated (have no idea how often that happens, but I guess the system is re-adjust now and then)

3) wheather changed (are you selling skis and it started raining? : )

I´d suggest you check your "lost impression rate" for that period of time and compare it with another date range.