AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Destination URL

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello All,

I would like to know the importance of destination URL structure in computing the landing page relevancy for particular keyword. Is anybody knows how Google will consider the subdomain level and folder level URLs? Are these both structures are same in Google's point of view?

For example, I would like to build a new page for "abc" keyword. What is the better URL structure for this keyword?

abc.example.com or example.com/abc/

Please advise.

Thanks,

Karim SK.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author karimulla S
September 2015

Re: Destination URL

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Karim,

I'd focus less on your URL structure and more about designing and creating great on-page content for users.  Design your page for your end users and design your page to be relevant for the Keywords you're bidding on and the Keywords you matching into and you'll be in good shape.

Landing Page Relevance is just one component of your overall Quality Score and ultimately the greatest measure of your "Quality" is how your searchers interact with your site.

Finally, to answer your question, to be honest I don't really think it matters that much.  I doubt you'll have much variance in Quality Score if you go abc.example.com or example.com/abc/, but from an SEO standpoint, I'd probably go with example.com/abc/.

Check and understand Quality Score

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Anyone of them will do the job, there's no much difference. The important aspect is to focus on the page's content and design.

Also, I recommend you to watch this video for Matt Cutts "Should I structure my site using subdomains or subdirectories?"

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Karim,

I'd focus less on your URL structure and more about designing and creating great on-page content for users.  Design your page for your end users and design your page to be relevant for the Keywords you're bidding on and the Keywords you matching into and you'll be in good shape.

Landing Page Relevance is just one component of your overall Quality Score and ultimately the greatest measure of your "Quality" is how your searchers interact with your site.

Finally, to answer your question, to be honest I don't really think it matters that much.  I doubt you'll have much variance in Quality Score if you go abc.example.com or example.com/abc/, but from an SEO standpoint, I'd probably go with example.com/abc/.

Check and understand Quality Score

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Anyone of them will do the job, there's no much difference. The important aspect is to focus on the page's content and design.

Also, I recommend you to watch this video for Matt Cutts "Should I structure my site using subdomains or subdirectories?"

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Brian & Ali,

Thanks for your response. I feel the above video will helpful for SEO elements than PPC. And yes I agree we should develop a landing page with great quality of content for the user search queries.

Thanks,
Karim SK.