AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Destination URL not working for only 1 keyword

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I have an adgroup with multiple keywords. One of them is coming up with the message "Your ad's Destination URL isn't working." I have checked all my ads and their extensions and the URLS work fine. It's odd that I'm only getting this message for one keyword out of the dozen or so in the group. It happens to be one of the more important and relevant keywords for me. How do I fix this?

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Destination URL not working for only 1 keyword

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Frippy,

It could be that for one reason or another, when the adsbot crawled your site for that keyword the page was not available. On the next adsbot crawl of your site, the page was available and the status reported in the interface was updated to reflect that.

Glad it straightened itself out.

BEst of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I experienced that error message as well,  can you ensure that your loading time does not exceed three-five seconds?

More Power,
Loraine

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Fnippy,

Also, please check to see that you do not have a Keyword level destination URL for this keyword.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Just checked. The loading time is faster than 3 seconds. Plus I should clarify that I am not using individual destination URLs for any of these keywords. They all go to the same place (the URL in the text ad).

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Based on the requirements from the help center below: <can you check if you meet all if applicable>

Requirements:

• Your website can't be under construction or link to an error page.
  • Your ad's destination URL can’t lead to a landing page that displays an error status code beginning with a 4 or a 5 (such as a 405 error).
  • Your ad’s destination URL can’t lead to an email address or a file. This includes image, audio, video, or document files that require an additional application to open or run (such as PDF files).
  • Your landing page must work properly for all locations, regardless of where you're targeting your ad.
  • Landing pages must deliver the same content to all users and all IPs, from all browsers. Redirecting based on IP isn't allowed.

We've created this policy to help ensure the ads we show send users to properly working websites.

If yes, feel free to submit an appeal for re review.

More Power,
Loraine

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hey,

It is certainly strange if you have an error message only for 1 keyword in your adgroup.

You page seems to be fine since the other keywords do not show up any issue. You could try putting in a keyword level URL for that one keyword.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks to all for the information. After giving up in frustration, I took a break for awhile. When I returned, the problem had spontaneously fixed itself. I can only assume it was the ghost in the machine....

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Frippy,

It could be that for one reason or another, when the adsbot crawled your site for that keyword the page was not available. On the next adsbot crawl of your site, the page was available and the status reported in the interface was updated to reflect that.

Glad it straightened itself out.

BEst of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords