AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Destination URL Redirects

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Adword Fans,

I have some question to ask you guys why my destination URL from Search Result redirect to another URL. Such as my ads appear with aaa.com & display is aaa.com but when you click on the ads they will redirect to bbb.com how that's possible ? Because I check with Adword Account they still on the same and I copy the URL past on URL Bar they not redirect ? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Destination URL Redirects

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mrx,

The URL redirects are handled by your server, not by AdWords system. So, there's no possibility that AdWords may be doing it. 

However, to help us look into it, could you please share the URL in question here?

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mrx,

The URL redirects are handled by your server, not by AdWords system. So, there's no possibility that AdWords may be doing it. 

However, to help us look into it, could you please share the URL in question here?

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan-Jha,

I have a Bing Ads and Google Analytics redirect/destination URL question. We are running Ads for a Client in Bing Ads but they aren't showing the clicks except for a random click here and there originating from our Domain. They are using Google Analytics through Adobe Tag Manager on their site.

My question how can I find the Redirect URLs in GA account so I can see how many clicks are getting through to them. Here is a sample URL but all destination URLs we use have the same format:

https://dashboard.mycompany.com/boo_halloween_photo_album/5491fc2bcc4bd0145a7b23c6

this above URL redirects to the following:

http://www.client.com/buy-12-sheet-protector-with-black-paper-inserts-309445

Again what I want to do is find out how much of our traffic through the redirect is not timing out and getting thru to the client's page. How would I find this in Google Analytics?

Thank you,

Paul