Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Descriptive Sitelinks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I would like to know -- How can I make sure that sitelinks will appear with complete description along with the regular ad copies. It should be at least for my brand search queries.

I know that the descriptive sitelinks doesn't appears every time when someone search for a query, but I want that it should at least appear for 70% of my brand search queries.

Also, the avg. position for all my brand query is 1.3.

Kind Regards,

Suyog Shirke 

Re: Descriptive Sitelinks

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello Suyog,

I had similar question a while ago. Like you said sitelinks descriptions are not always being shown with your sitelinks.

Those sitelinks must be really relevant to your Ad and search query. And not like remotely relevant, but really really relevant.

I recommend you go through this discussion:
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Sitelinks-extension-changed/m-p/4...

Alex

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Alex,

I've gone through the whole discussion which is there on link you sent.

But, still I'm confuse about the technicality behind showing descriptive sitelinks. It seems like it is been shown only for biggest brands like Flipkart, Amazon etc. Ideally, it should be shown for all the brand queries for which you are bidding on (not the competitor brand queries). As the brand queries always have good quality score as compared to any generic query you're bidding on.

And, I did worked for well know brand and when I added sitelinks to brand campaign for those then it was started showing descriptive sitelinks immediately then why not it is for small scale client/ brand.

I hope you understand my concern.

Thanks,
Suyog Shirke

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

I do understand, but this is not true. This have nothing to do with how well-known company is or how big is it, This is old tweet by Google about sitelinks descriptions and I believe that message from this tweet is still very up to date.

ext13.png

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Ok Alex.

Thanks.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Guys,

I almost got the solution to show descriptive sitelinks with ads.

See the below criteria for the same --
1) Your landing pages for all the sitelinks and ad copies has to be different
2) The CTR should be as high as possible
3) The ad slot should be on the top of the page

Though, it doesn't mean that your ad will show every time with descriptive sitelinks. But, the above changes worked for me at least for branding queries/ terms.

Let's try it out and share your feedback.

Kind Regards,
Suyog Shirke