AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Dentistry Industry Adwords issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Folks,

I'm running adwords campaigns for Local dentist clients. I started with broad modifier keywords match type. Most of the time my user search queries are fully relevant. But still bounce rate is very high and I'm not getting any conversions. I'm doing radius targeting from dental clinic's location. I'm also targeting area specific keywords like Southeast, Northeast and all but still no Success. I need your expert ideas to generate some conversions. By the way - Campaigns are running from last 30 days.

Waiting for your response.

Regards
Ali

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

If you're getting clicks on your ads but no conversions on your website I would start with double-checking the conversion process to make sure that it's working and being tracked in Analytics / AdWords. Check the website, make sure things are working properly, following general best practices for conversion (Is the landing page responsive, clear call-to-action, lead form, etc, etc).

Additionally, if your landing page does not lead to any other pages the bounce rate would be high, so that would be normal in that case. 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

If you aren't tracking phone calls or are unable to track them, then there may be conversions you are unaware of.

In that case another option is to add Analytics event tracking to clicks on the phone number (on the website).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply. Yes conversion forms & pixels are working properly because we are getting conversions from direct & organic traffic successfully and they have been tracked in analytics properly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply. I'm using callrail to track calls from adwords and other sources.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

hi Ali, 

checkout the landing page and see what can be improved. 

regards, 

Zaby

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

Hello Ali,

If your sights are set exclusively on clicks, you neglecting a very important aspect–phone responses. There’s tremendous benefit in having a Google user call your dental practice without clicking on your PPC ad since you only pay for clicks. Optimizing your ad for phone responses is a great way to capture a lead without paying a penny.

Another way to increase visiblity and maximize your short character limit on PPC ads is with ad extensions. Ad extensions entice users to click your ad and therefore equate to a better return on investment. According to Google, there’s no cost for adding these extensions to your campaign, but you are charged the normal rate for clicks.

It’s obvious that the objective of a campaign is to target your prospects using the keywords they typically search, but how do you organize multiple keywords? Say for example, your prospects are searching phrases like “deep dental cleaning”, “professional teeth whitening” and  “porcelain veneers”. If you were interested in targeting these 3 phrases, you could designate the last two in an add for cosmetic dentistry. The first keyword could be designated in a broader ad group or category for general dentistry.

Last, try to analyze your landing page too. Try using 3rd party softwares like crazyegg or use the Google analytics in page analytics, and make relevant changes to your landing page.

Regards,

Syed Sayem Mustafa

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You should always be optimizing your Google AdWords campaigns and so I thought I would put together this list of easy optimizations you can apply. I spend probably a good 60% of every day in AdWords and I have learned a few tricks along the way. If you follow this entire list you will definitely be on the right track to crush your competitors.

1- Excluding Mobile App Traffic (If your website is not mobile optimized)

2- Capitalizing on Your Highest Performing Keywords

3- Always Run Accelerated Delivery Method When Possible

4- Save Some of Your Budget By Implementing Ad Schedules

5-Save budget by blocking your companies IP address 6-Changing your Billing Threshold

7-Add Extensions

8-Increase Your Quality Scores with Tenscores

9-Split Test Your Ads

10-Change Device Bid Adjustments

11-Change Location Bid Adjustments

12-Use Radius Location Targeting

13-Changing Your Ad Rotation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Some of those make sense but....

1) Excluding mobile traffic is just suicide (for a dentist it would be 10X worse). If a site isn't mobile optimized then the #1 priority over everything else has to be to fix that. If it happens to be on WordPress then that won't be an issue anyways as there's a plugin that will mobile optimize ANY theme.

3) Totally 100% disagree with this. That ensures that you will NEVER see evening traffic unless your budget is high enough.

4) Same as #3

5) Have no idea how this is even relevant in the PPC world.

9) In this situation this would do nothing. It's clearly the landing pages that are the issue (at least for form submissions - I'm assuming there's an actual form on the landing page of course).

Sorry to be so blunt but did you just copy and paste this for some website?