AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Demographics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Adwords Community!

Over the past few months I noticed that traffic and conversions were significantly decreasing. After many times reaching out to Google reps for help, I finally reached a much shocking conclusion to the decrease. Somehow/someway, my Adwords platform changed the age demographics and excluded majority of the ages (under both Audience and Display Network). The Google representative and I looked through the entire account and couldn't find when the changes were made. I was wondering if anyone else has experience this?

Thanks,

Tam

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Demographics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Karen W in the 15 years I've been using AdWords, I've never seen any change in an Account that wasn't created either by a user or an automated process such as rules or scripting.

What does the change log show for the period in question?  How long had the Campaign(s) been running before the change in performance?  Is it possible the Campaigns were created with these settings?

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits