AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Deliberately click ing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For the last couple of months I am having a competitor who is  click ing me on purpose bringing

me down. 

i have a small budget and I he/she is pushing me out everyda and I do not know how to solve the

problem.

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Deliberately click ing

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey resuelveya,

How can you be so sure that a competitor is clicking your ads? 

It could be that users are genuienly clicking your ads and your budget is getting exhausted.

You could get server logs from your webmaster from which you could check the IP adresses of the people coming to your site. If you see excessive clicks from 1 IP adress, then maybe your are right.

You could ask Google to investigate this for you. All you need to do is fill in this form.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

There are some great ideas here, I would just like to add that in terms of looking at IP addresses from your weblogs, seeing more than one click from the same IP address does not always mean that invalid clicks activity has taken place.

For example, multiple clicks from a single source may be due to an Internet Service Provider (ISP) assigning identical IP addresses to multiple users. Certain ISPs, such as AOL, distribute a relatively small number of shared, rotating IP addresses to a large number of users. As a result, multiple visitors may access your site from identical IP addresses, giving the impression of repeated clicks from a single visitor.

This link has a lot more information on this if you would like to read any further. 

Hope this helps!

A. 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello resuelveya;

Check this article:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results-optimize-ROI-CTR/Click-Fraud/m-p/50936/highl...

You'll find many more by searching the community (using the search box) for "invalid clicks"

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey resuelveya,

How can you be so sure that a competitor is clicking your ads? 

It could be that users are genuienly clicking your ads and your budget is getting exhausted.

You could get server logs from your webmaster from which you could check the IP adresses of the people coming to your site. If you see excessive clicks from 1 IP adress, then maybe your are right.

You could ask Google to investigate this for you. All you need to do is fill in this form.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

There are some great ideas here, I would just like to add that in terms of looking at IP addresses from your weblogs, seeing more than one click from the same IP address does not always mean that invalid clicks activity has taken place.

For example, multiple clicks from a single source may be due to an Internet Service Provider (ISP) assigning identical IP addresses to multiple users. Certain ISPs, such as AOL, distribute a relatively small number of shared, rotating IP addresses to a large number of users. As a result, multiple visitors may access your site from identical IP addresses, giving the impression of repeated clicks from a single visitor.

This link has a lot more information on this if you would like to read any further. 

Hope this helps!

A.