Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Deleted performing keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I am doing the analysis of an adwords account and the previous account manager has splitted last year (July 2014) the adgroups of each campaign into smaller/more specific adgroups containing highly related keywords and ads... Which is great although the traffic went a bit down but all the ctr's went up. BUT when creating the new adgroups the account manager has deleted the keywords (ALL THE KYWD) instead of pausing them. Av CPCs are higher since then, the trafic went down as well as conversions. The budget for each campaign is the same...Could it be the result of deleting the keywords history?

Charlotte

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Charlotte S
September 2015

Re: Deleted performing keywords

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Charlotte,

Google consider each keyword from the new groups as new keyword. It does not transmit the data from one keyword to another, even if it is the same keyword, so the new groups starts from scratch.

The new keywords would have to gather historic data and need to be optimized in order to have the same CPC from the old one on another group. Check the keywords have the same Quality Score, it's an important factor for that to happen.

Hope it helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Re: Deleted performing keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you! I will check the keywords QS...