AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Deleted ad affect performance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Our performing add was deleted by our previous compaigner. I've re created the ad exactly as it was before, was wondering if this will bring back the click & conversion?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Deleted ad affect performance

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Keevin L,

Do you mean bring back the stats for the deleted ad. That it won't do. But you can review the performance of the old ad. Be sure you are looking at "All", not "All but deleted", then set your date range to a time period when the ad was active. The data is all still there.

If you mean will you get the same CTR ad conversion rates as the deleted ad? If that's your question, my best answer is, "Maybe, and maybe not right away." In theory, same keywords and same ad should produce comparable results. I wouldn't expect both to perform exactly the same. But there are many variables in a campaign that are out of your control, meaning the ad may not perform as well or it could perform better,

I hope this helps.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Deleted ad affect performance

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Keevin L,

Do you mean bring back the stats for the deleted ad. That it won't do. But you can review the performance of the old ad. Be sure you are looking at "All", not "All but deleted", then set your date range to a time period when the ad was active. The data is all still there.

If you mean will you get the same CTR ad conversion rates as the deleted ad? If that's your question, my best answer is, "Maybe, and maybe not right away." In theory, same keywords and same ad should produce comparable results. I wouldn't expect both to perform exactly the same. But there are many variables in a campaign that are out of your control, meaning the ad may not perform as well or it could perform better,

I hope this helps.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords