AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Delete old adwords account & create new one.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client has having a adwords account, which is performing very poor and he is having high CPC. He thinks that if we delete that old adwords account & create new one for him, then he will get lower CPC rates. Is this true? Can anyone guide me on this and provide proper solution?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Delete old adwords account & create new one.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Jyotsna,

As per my understanding, that's not going to be the actual and permanent solution to this issue.

You need to find out why Avg. CPC is high and probably take a different direction in the sense of trying out different variation of keywords, different match types etc...

I am not sure how have you actually set up the account and what type of campaigns are running. If you provide us the details, we might give you specific inputs on this.

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Untrue. Even if you create a new account also you have pretty new history.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jayotsna,

I agree with Pankaj, Creating a new adwordds account is not a solution. Try to find out reasons why cpc is very high.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Jyotsna,

As others have said, a new account will not improve your CPCs. Now, with that said, it's possible that your account could benefit from a restructure if the campaign structure is hampering performance (duplicate keywords, multiple languages in one campaign, keywords not mapping properly, etc.) You can still do this in the current account, though, and your CPC will actually increase in the beginning of the restructure and then come back down as it gains history.

If your current account is really such a mess that you want to restructure it and move it to a new account just for the sake of organization, you should work with a Google rep to do so. Moving it to a new account will not contribute to performance improvement, though, it would just be a matter of preference.

Good luck!

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Jyotsna,

I completely agree with everyone here. I have tried this approach when our Google rep suggested the same thing and said that our CPC's would decrease post the shift. But the drop never happened, our cpc's infact went up and has never gone down after that.

Like everyone here has suggested, you should look into the possibility of restructuring your campaigns, segregating relevant keywords in to proper adgroups, create relevant ad copies for the same so that your QS can improve. If you manage to do this and improve your QS, you should see a drop in your overall CPC's.

Besides this, you can try your hand at adding negative keywords, placements to your campaigns to ensure your ads show up only for the most relevant of queries and placements which may help tone down the CPC's.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"