AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Delete Low Search Volume keywords with a Quality Score of 10/10?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I  plan to delete all LSV (Low Search Volume)  keywords over the last 30 days with zero impressions.
On the basis that these keywords are either cluttering the campaign (maybe harmlessly),  or worse, negatively contributing to the overall campaign.

But some of these LSV keywords with 0 impressions have a QS  (Quality Score) of 10./10

Should I delete these too?  Or does the LSV QS contribute to the overall QS, even on the keywords with zero impressions?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Delete Low Search Volume keywords with a Quality Score of 10/10?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

As I understand it, inactive keywords have no impact on your overall campaign performance or quality.  This includes keywords that are not eligible to serve search traffic because there's "low search volume" for that phrase.

So, you can either leave the keywords active in your campaign in case the phrases are eventually added to the advertising database (at which time the quality scores will have an impact on overall quality/performance) or go ahead and delete them because they're harmlessly cluttering up the landscape.

Hope that helps!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was just told by an AdWords representative over the phone that Google calculates expected click through rate on an average basis for the Ad Group, so low search volume keywords and keywords that receive little or no traffic actually bring down the expected average click through rate calculation for the Ad Group as a whole and should therefore be removed.

This surprised me a bit. Anyone else hear similar information from AdWords?

-Alex

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

As per my suggestion you should have change the keywords type rather than deleting the keywords.

Still you want to exclude keywords just pause the keywords not delete. LSV QS contribute to overall(average) QS but will not impact on your ad ranking.

Thanks

Delete Low Search Volume keywords with a Quality Score of 10/10?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes i've been told by Adwords rep the same thing, it's not quite clear which way is best