AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Deletd Some pages of Website Permanently.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had created some pages in my website & after some time i have deleted all those pages. and in webmasters Google is showing 404 error on those pages.

Which status code should I apply on those pages.. Is 301 is Ok ( deleted Page Url will be redirected to home page )

Pages which are no longer exist in the website.. but Google have indexed those Urls and showing 404 error in webmasters on those pages.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Deletd Some pages of Website Permanently.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jagdeep,

You want the Google Webmaster forum for these questions: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters

There are great people there, and I am confident that they can help you with these questions.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jagdeep,

You want the Google Webmaster forum for these questions: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters

There are great people there, and I am confident that they can help you with these questions.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jagdeep,

If have permanently removed these pages from your site then applying 301 redirects is recommended as it a permanent solution. Some of these pages may still appear in webmasters account as Google takes time to update this change in their system.

It will keep crawling these pages and reporting them in WMT. How long it will take to be eliminated from WMT 404 errors has not been declared. But as Kim suggested, please visit the wbmaster forum for more accurate details.

KC