AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Delay Between When Changes Are Made to Ad and When they Affect Est. CTR

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

One of my keywords had an estimated CTR that was below average so I recently modified my ad to make the description similar to another keyword which had an above average estimated CTR. But since making the change my estimated CTR has remained below average. This makes me wonder if it takes the Adwords system more than a couple of days to analyze  changes in the ads. Can anybody shed any light on this?

Thanks,

Christopher

1 Expert replyverified_user

Delay Between When Changes Are Made to Ad and When they Affect Est. CTR

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Christopher L

It's usually collecting more data for a reliable statistical analysis than time. It could take a few days if the keyword doesn't have many impressions, or it could be fast for a good performing keyword. Or it could be the  changes made did not improve performance to a level which is statistically significant.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’