AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Dedicated landing page vs landing page with more than 1 call to action

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

For Paid Search ads, I'd like opinions on whether it is better to use dedicated landing pages (the LP has a single call to action - register for this white paper) vs. a LP with multiple calls-to-action (here are 3 white papers you can pick from to register for).  The campaign goal is B2B lead generation via registration/form fill.

Thanks very much to all who answer.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dedicated landing page vs landing page with more than 1 call to action

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Gail B;

A few points to note:

The business model you are structuring (register  in exchange for free  parer) could be a violation of the policy (collecting personal info in exchange for a free gift - though  a more in depth look is needed to be certain)

As for the intent of your original question: a landing page should be focused on the goal of getting the user to convert.  The  content of the LP  should deliver an added value to a user, so he/ she would contact your business. Why should I provide you with my email in exchange  for a paper I can't download, and I don't (even) know if it has any added value for me. This is the reason this practice is prohibited.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’