AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Dedicated Search Campaigns for Mobile

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to know if many of you have started creating search campaigns dedicated for mobiles, instead of using the Mobile bid modifier and if you've you've seen real improvements?
Have you gone till a dedicated campaign for tablets?

Best Regards 

Alex

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Alexandre B

I have not. I have considered running device specific ad groups so as not to clutter the account with too many campaigns. Have you tried it?

I think choosing whether or not to segregate devices or to simply apply bid mods is dependent on whether there is that much traffic and the work necessary is worth the potential return.

Best,

Nick

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Per Nick I have not found it necessary, or seen the benefit.  Perhaps in some special-purpose situation where i only wanted to reach mobile?

The new ETA ads perform very well on both mobile and desktop/laptop.  Call-only ads just display on mobile.  Reporting very clearly breaks out where everything is getting impressions, clicks, and conversions.  So far, i haven't found a situation where managing a separate campaign would make sense.  But on the other hand, I'm sure they're out there.