3.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Decrease in Dynamic Search Ad clicks/Decrease in Organic Search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since februray 2015 our website has seen a slow but steady decrease in Organic Traffic while direct and referral traffic is the same. Looking at our AdWords account, the impressions, clicks, and conversion rate for Dynamic Search Ads is dropping at the same time and rate as the Organic Traffic. Since these ads are our main sales channel, the decrease is felt to say the least.

Do you have any thoughts on this, what may be causing it and maybe a fix?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Decrease in Dynamic Search Ad clicks/Decrease in Organic Search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Staffan
It sounds like you've actually zoomed in on the problem quite a bit already.

If your organic traffic has decreased (and DSAs use the organic index), it's likely a problem there. Did you make any changes to your site, title tags etc.?

It could also just be seasonal flow. If general searches are down, it will effect DSAs and Organic search equally proportionally (if that makes sense).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Dave
I have doen some more investigation and the DSA and Org Search is dropping hand in hand. Now the next problem I face is to find the reason for this. You see, I have only worked with this site for two months so I don't have the history to work with. The person that used to be in charge is no longer in the company so I'm left with a quite difficult task.

I do see that in Search Console, there is thousands of 404's and there are also backlinks from websites linking our front page thousands of times...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Staffan
Like I said, DSAs use the organic index data to match keyword searches to.
If there's a fresh set of thousands of 404s, that's your problem right
there.

I'd either resolve them or pause the DSA campaign until the index clears.

Dave