AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Day-to-day workflow? How do you manage large accounts?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi guys,

At my company, I am the sole person in charge of PPC -- managing 4 different accounts that spans 4 different regions -- NA, UK, DACH, ANZ, LATAM, JP, FR, and IT. I have < 1 yr experience in paid search.

I use a 3rd party tool called MarinSoftware to help me manage, but I'm finding that it is becoming increasingly difficult to stay on top of everything (admidst everything else going on at my company).

What are some day-to-day management/workflow things you all take care of to ensure that you're productive everyday...

Some examples are:

1. Look for problem keywords -- adjust bids/pause, etc. there
  2. Add negatives
  3. A/B test

What are ways you all manage a large workload, and how do you stay on top of everything without being overwhelmed...

Anything will help here :-)

Best,

JP

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Day-to-day workflow? How do you manage large accounts?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I think that it helps tremendously to have a project management software. We break down our account management into daily, weekly, monthly tasks and assign them in the PM tool. This way we know exactly where we left off. And, if a client comes in w an ad hoc change, we add the task to the PM tool to help keep us accountable.

That alone will help you stay organized. You can always remember where you left off on an account. It will never fail that you'll get distracted by an email or meeting and forget where you left off.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Jean Philippe R,

I'm curious, can you elaborate on your experiences with Marin? What are you finding difficult to keep up with?

Thanks!

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you... I find that I start creating my lists and have them as weekly/monthly tasks etc... then I slowly stop using them...

I will try to get back in the the flow of this again. I guess more so, my question is, how do you parse through all of the data to help find what is important, when you're looking over 8 accounts, essentially?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Tommy,

Thank you for your reply. I'm a new user to Marin and I am still figuring out how to use the tool to support my daily workflow...

Still figuring out how to parse through all of my data, and extrapolate the most important insights to act upon...

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
The same things are important in all accounts. That's why you need a process. You do the same thing, look for the same things, in every account every day.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Thanks!

Do you have specific, defined objectives set up and trackable for these accounts? I might start with your campaign/account objectives and work backwards...generating leads, enough leads, at the right price? Getting visitors, enough visitors, the right visitors? Transactions...

Conversion Volumes, Conversion Rates, Profitability...good areas to focus on. Some management tasks likely will stem from just looking at your primary KPIs and investigating the best way to improve them.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you Shanee - I figured that this was the case. Will restart/stick to my process :-)

Thanks for your help!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Tommy,

Most of the KPIs we look at revolve around conversion performance -- ie: conversions, cost per conversion (last click), converstion rate, etc.. Ultimate goal is lead gen.

I think I have a good understanding now of how to organize/structure account priorities -- I just need to create my workflow/process and stick to it.

Marin should be able to help me do that rather quickly, once set up for that.