2.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Date range for adwords review?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anyone suggest a date range to use when reviewing ads and keywords? Reasons to use one range over another?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Date range for adwords review?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi There,

Welcome to Adwords community.

I hope i understand your query exactly if i am right find the below info.

We have Google default date ranges as follows these date ranges will suits for any account types.

• Today
  • Yesterday
  • This week (Sun - Today)
  • This week (Mon - Today)
  • Last 7 days
  • Last week (Sun - Sat)
  • Last week (Mon - Sun)
  • Last business week (Mon - Fri)
  • Last 14 days
  • This month
  • Last 30 days
  • Last month

You can use these date ranges for review your data or else you can you can review account by change date. Ex: If you made any changes today review your account after one week or one month from the change date.

Thanks,

Aravindhu.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Todd,

A decent date range to look at in adwords for review of ads/campaigns/keywords is last 7 days. As it collects a considerable data in 7 days to analyse data(covers weekdays+weekends). Without losing many days, necessary changes can be made and the performance can be improved.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
Rinkal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply Rinkal. Maybe the better question is how often should you review Adwords? Am I to understand that you are reviewing your adwords weekly then? I think that is the issue I'm having, not reviewing things often enough. I think that if you use too big of a window, things can get missed.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Todd,

You're right! It depends on the size of your account and what you're analyzing. For instance, picking up negatives from search terms could be done once a week for a medium sized campaign. Letting huge budget campaigns run on irrelevant search terms would be atrocious. While increasing or decreasing bid adjustments need 2 weeks of data to gauge its effectiveness.

If fundamental things are set up properly, monitoring the campaign once in three days should be fine unless there's a drastic change in any of the metrics.

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Todd,

You should check in weekly if not daily on an adwords account just to make sure everything is running correctly and how you intend because it is not a set it and forget it type thing. For a good set of data to review I prefer monthly for data comparisons and account analyzing and also a quarterly review can help to track improvements.

Hope This Helps!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Todd B there's really no one single answer since it will depend upon the nature - and age - of the Account and what you do with each review.  For example, as already mentioned, I personally "look in" on every one of my client Accounts every day (well, every weekday) just to look for things out of the ordinary, but that could be a 5 minute look.  New Accounts tend to need more supervision as they will almost always need a lot of changes as you tune things, an Account that you got to a good stage of tuning a year ago may need reviewing much less often, but those reviews could be more far-reaching (for example, a complete rebuild or a new direction for the company).

Your review period will also depend upon the nature of the business.  Some businesses will get a lot of conversions (whatever is being measured) every day, so you may be able to get significant data just from viewing "Yesterday" (although I'd always personally recommend leaving 48 hours for the data to "settle").  Others may have a much longer path to conversion so you'll need to look at a period of 30 days or more to see the impact of changes made several weeks ago.  (For example, I have a client where more than 50% of their sales come more than 12 days after first click; looking at data for yesterday based on sales is completely pointless).

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits