AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Data Collection Sites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I working for a private medical insurance provider and I realised that there are many Data Collection Websites. They are using my company logo, appearing on my keywords. What can I do to stop this process? 

Potential customer believes that is entering on my company website. Then Data Collection Company will call me if I want to buy leads for £20each. 

Any ideas what I can do in such cases ? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gregory T
January

Data Collection Sites

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Gregory,

This sounds like a potential trademark infringement. I would recommend reading through this link to better understand if there is a violation. If you still believe there is then file a complaint per the instructions here. This assumes that your company name and logo are trademarked.

FYI, they are allowed to bid on any keywords they want, however they can't use your trademarked terms in their ad copy unless they comply with the policies in the first link.

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gregory T
January

Data Collection Sites

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Gregory,

This sounds like a potential trademark infringement. I would recommend reading through this link to better understand if there is a violation. If you still believe there is then file a complaint per the instructions here. This assumes that your company name and logo are trademarked.

FYI, they are allowed to bid on any keywords they want, however they can't use your trademarked terms in their ad copy unless they comply with the policies in the first link.

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.