2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Daily budget and increased clicks,impressions

N/A
# 1
N/A

I increased my daily budget to $20-$30 and saw an astronomical increase in everything even received customer inquiries. My problem is that my monthly budget is $350 and as July 4 I am at $225. The month has just begun!! I don't want to spend $400-500 on Google Adwords but it looks like that's what I have to do to get

sales. Any recommendations?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Daily budget and increased clicks,impressions

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

1) Install conversion tracking to track users who reach a certain page for leads or who complete a form , or complete a purchase, to stop keywords which do not contribute to conversions.

2) Use Experiments for your keywords that receive most of the clicks to run them at different values for MaxCPC throughout the day. For example if a keyword has a MaxCPC of 0.5 $ you can run it in the experiment with a -30% decrease to see if you get the same number of clicks for a lower avg. cpc . 

3) Look at the Dimensions tab at clicks per hour to isolate hours that have a higher cost / click , and you can pause them, also if you cannot receive leads during the night or weekend, use scheduling to pause your campaign during these periods.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Are your customer inquiries turning into sales? If they are, it may be worthwhile to increase your budget. If you're not, there's not point in spending the extra money on advertising.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the replies. I have been pausing periodically to save money. It seems that most of my clicks happened during the weekend. I did an experiment during June and noted that with the settings I had hardly any clicks and had only spent $36 out of my $200 budget. On the last Sat of June I changed several parameters and saw sky rocketing increases...got 2 leads too but I then had to pause/decrease because by July 3 I had almost reached my monthly budget of $350(Google increased it).  So, I'll keep the current settings b/c I'm getting lots of views/clicks and even a few leads (i'd be happy with 1-2 leads/week). I'll definitely use pausing to control my spending.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hello, Darwin.

Please note that AdWords does not offer you the possibility to set a monthly budget at campaign level. What you can set, is a daily budget, and expect to spend about 30.4 times your daily budget in a month.

So if you set the budget at 20-30 a day, you've practically increased to 600 - 900 a month.

If your monthly budget is 350, that means it is about 11-12 per day, and you should, as my fellow forum member already instructed you, find the times of the day and the day of the week where your money is wisely spend.

Also, you should mine your search terms for negative keywords, and make sure your ads do not appear for irrelevant searches. In case you have many keywords as well, some of them possibly irrelevant, I advise you to cut back on them as well, and run only the relevant ones. Small budgets (10-12 a day is a small budget) and many keywords do not go well together.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.