AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Daily budget 2/3 consumed, increase impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My campaign's CTR dreased from June, and some priority adgroups' impression have been down as well. Since the Daily budget is only 2/3 cosumed, still $120 left. i tried to increase the bid of the keywords in these priority adgroups, buth it did work.what is the problem? My AVG CPC of the campaign is about $11. it that the reason? How can i increse the impression of the priority adgroups, 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lu_Lu
September 2015

Re: Daily budget 2/3 consumed, increase impressions

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

In addition to useful thoughts shared above, I would like to ask you about the Quality Score of the keywords for which you increased the bids and didn't get enough impressions and clicks as well.

There could be a possibility that the Quality Score is low for those keywords, leading to low ad rank and hence the impression share going down as well. Ad Rank = Quality Score X Bids. Hence if QS is low, increasing the bid is not affecting the overall Ad Rank.

As Shweta said above, look for the alternate keywords and try to work around new variations. Also look at the match type keywords for which you are bidding.

Look at the search terms report and identify the terms which have exactly matched with the keywords you are using. Work around that list and include new keywords.

Identify which days have given you more clicks and try to allocate more budget during those days.

You should also work on uplifting the CTR of your keywords. There might be keywords in your campaigns which are receiving impressions but not clicks at all for long time. So you need to identify those and pause them if they are not worth including.

Hope that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Lu_Lu,

Getting more impressions when you have extra budget is not a factor of your CPC...

I believe you tried increasing your positions and didnt get a significant improvement...
Probably increasing your keyword basket may help... run a search query report and identify more long tail keywords that you could use.
Add more broad/BMM keywords that are have a wider reach.
If you want more visibility... why not try the Display network too?

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Lu_Lu,

Yes Shweta is right, you can add long tail and Broad match modifier keywords in your keyword list. Kindly check your impression share metric. 

Impression share (IS) is the number of impressions you've received divided by the estimated number of impressions you were eligible to receive. Eligibility is based on your current ads' targeting settings, approval statuses, bids, and Quality Scores. Data is available at the campaign and ad group levels.

Impression share metrics include:

Lost IS (budget): The percentage of time that your ads weren't shown due to insufficient budget. 

Lost IS (rank): The percentage of time that your ads weren't shown due to poor Ad Rank. 

Exact match IS: The number of impressions that you've received for searches that exactly matched your keyword divided by the estimated number of exact match impressions you were eligible to receive. 

You can check this metrcis at both Campaign level and Adgroup level. 

Steps for Campaign:

Go to  Campaigns tab >>Click the Columns button above your statistics table>> choose "Customize columns" from the drop-down>>Click Competitive metrics >>then add Impr. share,Lost IS (budget),Lost IS (rank), and Exact match IS>>Save

Steps for Adgroup:

Go to  Ad groups tab >>Click the Columns button above your statistics table>> choose "Customize columns" from the drop-down>>Click Competitive metrics >>then add Impr. share,Lost IS (rank), and Exact match IS>>Save

Since the Daily budget is only 2/3 cosumed, still $120 left.

Can you plz tell us what is your Delivery method??

If you have choose "Standard delivery" method then your ads shows evenly over time, spreading the delivery of your ads throughout the day so that your budget isn't exhausted in the morning.

So i woluld like you to suggest change you delivery setting Standard delivery to "Accelerated delivery", it's likely to use up your campaign's daily budget early in the day by showing your ads as quickly as possible. 

Thanks
Anchal

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lu_Lu
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

In addition to useful thoughts shared above, I would like to ask you about the Quality Score of the keywords for which you increased the bids and didn't get enough impressions and clicks as well.

There could be a possibility that the Quality Score is low for those keywords, leading to low ad rank and hence the impression share going down as well. Ad Rank = Quality Score X Bids. Hence if QS is low, increasing the bid is not affecting the overall Ad Rank.

As Shweta said above, look for the alternate keywords and try to work around new variations. Also look at the match type keywords for which you are bidding.

Look at the search terms report and identify the terms which have exactly matched with the keywords you are using. Work around that list and include new keywords.

Identify which days have given you more clicks and try to allocate more budget during those days.

You should also work on uplifting the CTR of your keywords. There might be keywords in your campaigns which are receiving impressions but not clicks at all for long time. So you need to identify those and pause them if they are not worth including.

Hope that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

yes, Anchal,i chose "standard delivery", and have been in troble for the small clicks in the daytime. i would like to try "Accelerated delivery" as you suggested, but are worrying about the quality of the clicks. but, i will try it anyway. thank you Anchai. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shroffs, i do not want just more impression, but the clicks and then more conversions. we engages B2B business, selling services, but not products. the display network did not work in past years. 

i will take you advice and stopped increase bid, but add more long tail keywords. 

thank you~

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hey Lu_Lu,
Its good to learn from the past(saying that the display network didnt work for u)... but again, I feel that the display network has come a long way..
remarketing, topic targeting, interest categories etc... you should try this out in the display netwok again.

Also, with respect to addition of long tail keywords, look at the generic keywords in different match types too.. BMM and Phrase specially.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!