AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

1.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Daily Budget

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Experts

My Daily Budget is $20, but when i saw Dimentions with date wise here 30th Aug $22.78, 31st August is $23.37, 1 Sep $20.47 and so on..

Why above $20?

Is any option the budget will not go above $20?

one more query..

My CTR is 1.75% & cost $250 and Niche is Artificial Jewelry.

Kind Regards

Is this fine or cheap or too cheap or Average or Good?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lisa C
September 2015

Re: Daily Budget

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Lisa,

Hope you are doing well.

Thanks for posting your query on AdWords Community. We will be happy to help you Smiley Happy.

Looking at your question it looks like you have a concern as to why you are charged more than your daily budget. Google AdWords has an in-built feature wherein somedays your ads are served more than your daily budget. The AdWords system serves 20% more than your daily budget on somedays. The AdWords system is so smart that it makes sure that your overall cost for the month is not exceeded.

Why this happens??

On somedays if systems sees that there are more people searching for your business, then the system serves your ads so that you do not lose some potential customers. You can read more about this by clicking on the following link.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2393018?hl=en

Currently you do not have any option in AdWords to stop over delivery. Many advertisers have found this feature to be useful as they do not lose potential customers and at the same time the monthly budget is not exceeded.

Coming to your second question,

Looking at CTR, It looks like the keywords or ads are performing well. To know about cost, could you let me know to which country your ads are targeted and is 192.09€ your monthly spend?. If yes, then i will require your avg CPC as well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Rahul

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Lisa,

Thanks for the details.

Looking at statistics, CTR is good and your Avg CPC and Avg Pos is also good. I would say you are doing very good and I see that the cost per click is under control Smiley Happy.

The numbers says that you are doing really well but at the end of the day you should be looking at how much business you are getting through AdWords. I would recommend you to look at some more parameters like "search terms" report to see what search queries has triggered your ads, so that you will know whether your ads are shown to right set of queries or not.

I would also recommend you to look at "Auction Insights" report to see how well you are doing when compared to your competitors.

You can read more about this reports by clicking on following link.

Search Terms Report:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en

Auction Insights Report:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Rahul

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Lisa,

Hope you are doing well.

Thanks for posting your query on AdWords Community. We will be happy to help you Smiley Happy.

Looking at your question it looks like you have a concern as to why you are charged more than your daily budget. Google AdWords has an in-built feature wherein somedays your ads are served more than your daily budget. The AdWords system serves 20% more than your daily budget on somedays. The AdWords system is so smart that it makes sure that your overall cost for the month is not exceeded.

Why this happens??

On somedays if systems sees that there are more people searching for your business, then the system serves your ads so that you do not lose some potential customers. You can read more about this by clicking on the following link.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2393018?hl=en

Currently you do not have any option in AdWords to stop over delivery. Many advertisers have found this feature to be useful as they do not lose potential customers and at the same time the monthly budget is not exceeded.

Coming to your second question,

Looking at CTR, It looks like the keywords or ads are performing well. To know about cost, could you let me know to which country your ads are targeted and is 192.09€ your monthly spend?. If yes, then i will require your avg CPC as well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Rahul

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Rahul

My Clicks are 191
Imp 10900
CTR 1.75
Avg CPC 1.33
Avg Pos 3.0
and days 15

Country Canada

I am going good or not.

Kind Regards

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Lisa,

Thanks for the details.

Looking at statistics, CTR is good and your Avg CPC and Avg Pos is also good. I would say you are doing very good and I see that the cost per click is under control Smiley Happy.

The numbers says that you are doing really well but at the end of the day you should be looking at how much business you are getting through AdWords. I would recommend you to look at some more parameters like "search terms" report to see what search queries has triggered your ads, so that you will know whether your ads are shown to right set of queries or not.

I would also recommend you to look at "Auction Insights" report to see how well you are doing when compared to your competitors.

You can read more about this reports by clicking on following link.

Search Terms Report:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en

Auction Insights Report:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Rahul

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Rahul

How you measured this?
Can you please tell me how to measure? Any trick or calculation

Regards Lisa

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Lisa,

The real question is, How much did you Make (Conversions/Sales) from you adspend.
You account statistics look ok, but it only really matters as to how it compares to customers/sales/conversions.

I comes down to an Return on Investment (ROI). Are you making (Revenue) .5X 2X 5X where X is the cost of advertising?

As long as you are making more then you spend, and the markup is enough to cover the cost of wholesale purchase of your goods ( or your time if manufactured yourself + cost of materials) the amount you spend is up to you.

A good rule of thumb would be Spend X make at least 2X in return. The return has to cover the cost of goods, as well as any other intangible fixed costs, in order for the opportunity to truly make a profit. (in your Artificial Jewelry Business)

If you are making 5X of spend, you may want to consider increasing your budget to Maximize your profits. If you are not making a good ROI, then you need to see where you are dropping the ball.

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

I have found that setting a automated rule & going about $3 to $5 below the actual budget works great!

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This older thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new question related to this topic, please start a new thread.

Thanks!