Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Daily Budget Vs CPA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys, 

The campaigns I currently manage run on Conversion Optimizer. Recently, we reduced the daily budget of the campaign by over 70% and that had a negative effect on our CPA; increasing it by over 200%. any suggestions on what I can do to get the CPA back to the level it used to be?

Re: Daily Budget Vs CPA

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Start by checking which keywords were working well (in terms of amounts and cost of conversions) and make sure they get as much of the current spend as possible by placing then in indivdual campaigns

Re: Daily Budget Vs CPA

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

David has a good suggestion when he says give your best keywords the maximum budget to spend. However making a new campaign just for this purpose could be tough call at this stage. They are already suffering from high CPA and making a new campaign altogether would require some time before they could actually bounce back from this hit.

I would rather suggest to take a look at some of the important stats & compare them with when you budget was higher. IN general take a look at the following:

1. Impression Share: Make sure you do not loose out on impressions share on some of the top converting keywords

2. Avg Positions: Lowering your budget can affect your avg positions which can affect the whole matrix. It is important to maintain good avg positions for the top converting keywords

3. Avg CPC: Sometimes by lowering your budget your avg cpc fluctuates and can disturb the balance of your campaigns. It is advisable to adjust your cpc to achieve the same level as before atleast for the top performing keywords.

In all I would suggest you to also give it some time to stabalize your account. You have cut down your budgets by almost 70% it is bound to affect your conversions but with proper optimization your CPA can be just as normal as before with time.

Thanks,

Rajat