Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

DSA's website coverage 0%

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Adwords community,

I created a DSA campaign about 20 hours ago and the website coverage statistic for all adgroups is 0,00%. 

I'm wondering whether this is due how Google crawls the website or whether it needs more time to index the website. 

In my DSA campaign i am targeting a subdomain (url contains: uk.domain.com). But the campaign only takes the top level domain as a valid domain to crawl. So i had to point it to index domain.com and narrow the DSA campaign down to the sub domain by setting it as a target. There is no link from the .com domain to the uk sub domain. So i'm afraid the website coverage might be stuck at zero percent because the crawler can't crawl its way from the top domain to the subdomain. Could anyone tell me if my concern is valid or does the crawler simply need more time?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: DSA's website coverage 0%

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Jelle,

The following domains cannot be used for DSA campaigns:

1. Redirected domains
2. Subdomains or domains that you don't actually own or have authorization to use for this purpose. This includes the domain for a larger website that hosts multiple independent websites. In this case, you'll need to enter the full domain for your specific site (e.g., commonwebhost.com/yoursite).
3. Domains without enough content to target:
4. Sites that mostly contain flash content or images.
5. Sites that require a user to login to access the majority of the site's content.
6. Sites that don't have a lot of pages indexed by Google.

You can check your website's index status on Google

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35256

Thanks,
Rahul

Re: DSA's website coverage 0%

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello Jelle,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

To target a subdomain, you should choose to target by "URL" and enter the sub domain you'd like to target.

For instance, when you create a dynamic ad target to target a sub domain, it might look like the following: "URL contains subdomain.example.com."

You should give it some time.

Thanks
Ratan

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem regarding a new Dynamic Search Ads campaign for a subdomain: 1.5% website coverage;

I added "URL contains subdomain_name" and waiting for a positive impact. How much should I wait for the results of changing "URL contains" from Dynamic Ad Targets?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies sine it is from 2014.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.