Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

DO NOT TRUST AN AD WORDS ADVISOR

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i HAD AN AD WORDS ADVISOR CHANGE MY ADDS

NOW i GOT 4 CLICKS IN 3 WEEKS WHEN i USED TO SPEND MY DAILY BUDGET.

GOOGLE JUST IS GETTING TERRIBLE AND THEY HAVE NO CLUE EXCEPT TO CHARGE CHARGE CHARGE AND RUIN OUR TRAFFIC

ABANDOS SHIP AS GOOGLE IS SINKING

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: DO NOT TRUST AN AD WORDS ADVISOR

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

i am doing ads on Google already some years but i still believe that Google is perfect system and it will be such and much more better. To my mind the support going from Google is in not in good status. The problem here is not with the stuff working in 1st level but somebody who teaches them how to proceed with customers. I am missing more sense in communication not just automatic answers, also reaction so slow recent times that i even forget what i asked.

E2ras

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That is very bad news for me. I look then to this group with the hope of good advisement.

I am looking to start a community blog about the global benefits of online education.

Targeting especially the countries of Argentina, Chile, Columbia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Mexcio, Costa Rica and

Peru. I am a doctoral senior PhD in Instructional Design and have launched a virtual campus in the above countries.

The goal is to educate online the most recent trends in business and ecommerce and e marketing. My global college website is in Spanish www.carbonellcollege.net, and I have just started a limited budget on keywords.

I want to start a community education blog. In spanish about the developments of ecommerce and how it will link countries like never before.

Any help is very welcome, with every good wish, I remain.

Prof Carbonell

Academic Dean

Carbonell College

www.carbonellcollege.net

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @Ruby

Welcome to the forum.

To clarify, I think you are saying that a Google rep called you up and offered to optimize the account. Once it got optimized, you got a massive drop in performance.

Since this forum is owned by Google and you have a number of great Google employees on the forum here, I'll try to be as respectful as possible.

Not all of Google's Adwords reps understand your business. They will make changes based on internal best practices they are trained on. However, it may not always help increase performance. (Otherwise us SEM agencies would be out of business Smiley Happy ).

If your performance is doing worse, I would recommend you try to revert to your old account settings. You may be able to get your adwords rep to fix that for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Spoiler
Great post and information. David, what community education blogs in Spanish in the Google search engine exist? If nothing exists about the benefits of global online education, how can one start a comminity blog on elearning? in Spanish? Robot winkProf Carbonell, www.carbonellcollege.net

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
@profcarbonell are you talking about PPC e-learning specifically?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Ruby,

I can understand that you may not be receiving the same traffic that you have previously received. I have no knowledge or your account or goals but traffic and ad spend may not be a complete picture of what has happened with your account. 

Optimization can often lead to less traffic but the lost traffic is generally irrelevant traffic and should also lead to better account performance as relevancy is the foundation for a great Adwords account.

For instance here are two scenarios:

1. Before Optimization: Spend full budget daily - generate lots of traffic with a large percentage of visitors having no interest in your products or services and poor conversion rates.

2. Post-Optimization: Spend less daily - generate less traffic but increase percentage of users actually interested in your products or services and an increase in conversion rates.

I'm not implying that these examples represent your experience at all but sometimes the actions of optimization may not match the goals of the account.

As previously suggested, you may be able to get your account back to the previous performance, with some work, I can almost guarantee that.  Your change history should shed some light on what has taken place in your account.

If you can elaborate on your account a bit, I bet we can help you get it back into good form.  Are there any other account metrics that you have measured?  What are the goals of your account?  Are you simply driving traffic to your website or do you have set conversions in place? 

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner

"sometimes the actions of "optimization" may not match the goals of the account."

Optimization, performance, and relevancy are in the eyes of the beholder. I also agree that the internal best practices are not account/business specific, and may in fact be the worst practices for your specific situation. The one time "optimization" is a myth, you have to manage and optimize over time for an account to remain sustainably effective. 

Consultation is one thing. But, if you are the account manager, you have to find a way to impliment those changes yourself, because you are the one who has to manage the account. Give a man a fish, or teach him how to fish? 

If someone else (doesn't matter who) made a bunch of changes, then left you to interpret what the strategy or reason for those changes were, those efforts will of course be ineffective, or in this case detrimental to the accounts long term success.

I'm on board with Tom, if you have the energy to try and put the pieces back together, we can try to help you find a way to - Identify the problem(s), find a solution, and continually manage and improve the account, - In a way that works for you. Smiley Happy

As far as Spanish language advertising in central/south America especially is concerned - Go For It!

Whether you target search or display networks, regardless of industry, there is a real lack of highly optimized competitors for the Spanish speaking marketplace. The slight differences in dialect per country/region are fascinating. When I see CTR's of ads and KW search query terms that perform better for bajar than descargar as translations of download - I will believe our client's customers "translation" over google translate, or any "best practices". 

It takes more than a few changes one time to optimize an account to that level of detail. However, a 1% increase in CTR for the ad, is a 1% increase in CTR for the adgroup, campaign, and account as well. In general, I think the best advice to give would be to - First, always keep your overall advertising goal in mind. Second, don't assume that any tool, or individual (including yourself) knows better than your audience what they want to see in an ad, or which KW terms are relevant to them.

I do believe there is plenty of opportunity in the Spanish speaking Americas marketplace, but it will take time and continued effort to find what "works" for you. Smiley Happy

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

for me personally the best recent Google system improvement is when the monthly budget elapse and i have to lift daily budget if i want to see my ads. That means to charge more!

And i don't like such things when Google sends free promotional vouchers to my clients and they choose to use these vouchers for sure. 

Also i could say that there is no difference if you have or not Google Partner status - Google is "The Owner" and the restpectful word Partner doesn't have any sence.

I like Google and write here only to say where i see problems which slows system work!

E2ras

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Because of the velocity of the market, there is professional development that needs to occur for businesses and people to stay competitive. Elearning allows you to stay at the speed of the market. I would like to start a community blog about elearning benefits, I would like to do this in Spanish. As there are few resources on this topic in Spanish. How can I start a community elearning blog. With every good wish, I remain. Thanks for your thorough post Thomas. I am looking specifically to begin a community group on education. How do you start a community group?

Prof. Carbonell

www.carbonellcollege.net

*Your post was consolidated by the Community Manager.*