AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

[DEPRECATED] Contextual Targeting Tool: How to get the most out of it?

[ Edited ]
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 1
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello all,

In the beginning of the week we’ve discussed what are the benefits of Google’s Keyword tool. This is a tool that is able generate keyword ideas for your AdWords Search Network advertising.  Dave, Moshe, and Kim shared their own experiences with this tool on the same thread.

Today, I’d like to introduce you to another free Google tool - Contextual Targeting Tool. This tool is preliminary designed to help you to build AdWords campaigns and ad groups for the Google Display Network easy and fast. This tool offers keywords bid suggestions and potential placements for your ads (click on the notepad icon next to the keyword).

This tool lets you build hundreds of ad groups in minutes and instantly scale your campaign performance while ensuring accurate targeting and control over your campaign. You don’t need to do it manually anymore (if you one of those who’d done it in the past). All you need to do is select those suggestions that work for you. You can choose to work with them in the AdWords interface or you can easily export the results into AdWords Editor (a free Google application for managing your ad campaigns).

Have you used this tool? What was your experience? What do you like about this tool and what could be improved?

Share if you care! Smiley Happy

Zee
G+
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Contextual Targeting Tool: How to get the most out of it?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Since the introduction of the new display network tab, I mainly use the contextual targeting tool to find similar keywords, that could be added to the theme of keywords, used for contextual targeting. (I am one of those who still do it manually).

The tool gives an indication what other keywords the system would consider to be relevant on a given webpage. The "trick" is, however, to identify only the relevant keywords for the campaign, and to bid on them. I have the "feeling" that using too many similar keywords (for contextual targeting), could result in an ad showing on websites, that are not necessarily relevant to the campaign.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’