6.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Customer Match is not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i have an email list of 1400 emails that i set for remarketing using customer match. I have had the campaign running for 2 weeks and I am still unable to get impressions let alone clicks. I checked with Adwords support and they told me everything was fine and i should give it time. 

could anyone give me tips or suggestions on how to solve the issue?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Customer Match is not working

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @xabz M,

Here are a few important points you should consider -

• 1400 emails is a literally small audience. Try adding more if you have. 
  • Bids can be one important thing to look. Make sure you are bidding higher than the usual bids in your main campaigns. 

Does this help?

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Tweeter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i thought the minimum was 1000 emails. should my bid be like for my search keywords $3 or should i use display bids $1?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Do you know, that's all Google users? They may not be logged in or they aren't everyone Google users.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
doesnt google verify that they are users?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @xabz M,

It's not about minimum requirement for certain number of emails in the list, it's about their size being too small to be targeted precisely. A list with 1400 emails is way too small in my experience. You know when the users would be logged into their Google accounts, they will searching Google or browsing contents, and your ads would win the auction, only then they would see your ads. 

For this reason, you must add more emails to the list (if possible) to make it work efficiently. 

About bids, if you are running a RLSA campaign with this list, your bids should be higher than the usual bids on search network. Similarly, if you are running a display network campaign with this list, your bid should be higher than usual bids in your account display network campaigns. 

In my personal experience, a list with this small number of emails would not be ideal for running a dedicated campaign targeted to it. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
from your experience what should be the ideal list size?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @xabz M

There can't be an ideal size. It's more about the freshness and relevancy of your emails in the list. If you have a list of say 3000 users only, but they are actively searching Google and browsing contents about what you offer, this list will perform better. But consider a list with 20000 emails, most of them years old and no relevancy, it won't do good. 

Does that help?

Thanks
Ratan Jha