AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Cross Domain remarketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I think my question has been brought up in one guise or another I'm sure but just want to be sure.  I have a content website called 123.com.  If someone decides to go to buy something they go to our partners microsite on a separate domain abc.com.  I want to target cart abandoners who come from 123.com and enter the sales funnel on abc.com but don't complete the sale.  How do I go about this and is it possible so that I am targeting people through the AdWords account for 123.com.

Thanks in advance

Barry

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Cross Domain remarketing

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi PPC BarryM,

If both sites are yours, or if you are able to place the remarketing code and the conversion code on abc.com, you can do this fairly easily. The remarketing and conversion codes both work on 3rd party cookies. All lists will be created in your AdWords account.

Place the remarketing code on your landing page (AW Visits). Place a different remarketing code on the first page hit on abc.com (begin checkout), then place a different one on the thank you page (completed checkout).

Create the list by including everyone on "AW Visits" and "begin checkout" and exclude "completed checkout".

If you can't place code on abc.com, I'm not sure if you can get this done.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I am not quite sure I fully understood the funnel the user is proceeding through in your question, but, surely it's not a "straight forward" one, and you need Analytics for that.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello

I am also not completely sure that is it possible to do what you want as I have also never tried this practically. What you can do is try adding the re-marketing tag to both the websites(123.com & abc.com), now create a rule based re-marketing list which would target user who have visited 123.com & abc.com both but not the thank you/ confirmation page for abc.com.

Just an idea from my side!

Hope that works.

Abhishek
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi PPC BarryM,

If both sites are yours, or if you are able to place the remarketing code and the conversion code on abc.com, you can do this fairly easily. The remarketing and conversion codes both work on 3rd party cookies. All lists will be created in your AdWords account.

Place the remarketing code on your landing page (AW Visits). Place a different remarketing code on the first page hit on abc.com (begin checkout), then place a different one on the thank you page (completed checkout).

Create the list by including everyone on "AW Visits" and "begin checkout" and exclude "completed checkout".

If you can't place code on abc.com, I'm not sure if you can get this done.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a million Pete, yes makes sense.

Yes, whilst I don't own the microsite in terms of looking after the code I will be able to get our partner to add the snippets needed on the 2 pages.

Thanks for your help and to the others, was late in the day and was beginning to not see the wood from the trees trying to think of the solution that I knew was there.

Cheers
Barry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello , PPC BarryM

I have a Question about remarketing tag tracking . How many different remarketing tag can install in one single website for different partner websites ? Means I have a website xy.com and I have installed a remarketing tag and now my 2-3 partners website wants to track my website for creating own remarketing list should I simply put one after other remarketing tags in My website?