Guide Me
star_border

Critique our landing page

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Our keyword: SEO Vancouver

Landing page: http://www.seoinvancouver.com/

We are only getting 6/10 quality score for our main keyword, but it goes up to 7/10 for secondary keywords. But need to target this main keyword. What has been your experience with improving the quality score?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Critique our landing page

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

A lot of people think that QS will be improved by improving the landing page. In fact, QS is an amalgamation of many factors, one small part of which relates to the landing page. The majority of QS is your CTR relative to that of your competitors. In other words, most of your efforts should be put towards trying to get more searchers to click your ad. Making changes only to your page will not increase QS. I'll assume your keywords are relevant, that is, you're not using "dog food" to promote your SEO services.

Once you get traffic from Adwords, your page's job is to get it to convert or whatever action you want them to take. This is an entirely different topic. A few suggestions are to reduce the width of your page. I use 1024x768 and I have to scroll sideways which I don't recommend, although nothing except your huge quote request really gets cut off. I don't like the "fill the form if busy" link. Are you really that busy? Finally, the "type SEO services you are looking for" search. Usually, people don't know what they need, they have only a vague idea, they know something called SEO in your case. You have to tell them of all your services, educate them about SEO. They also don't like to search so I don't think that will be used. In fact, it may deter them from doing so and even calling you.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello,

Along with what Lucid said, I will add a few specific points. Don't take it in a negative way. Take it as constructive criticism!

-> too much text - I doubt somebody will read everything
-> too many text colors - black, blue, pink, orange, green, red?
-> too much bold - it hurts my eyes when I read...
-> to many SEO keyword mentions - it looks like spam to me - mentioning it so many times 133 times in body, 16 times in H1, H2, H3, 58 times in links, and 31 times in bold!
-> looks like old affiliate website - I think that quite a big number of people spent money on those kind of websites and had unpleasant experiences. They are just less "thrustworthy". This could increase bounce rate.

Hope it helps!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
The landing page is not great imo. It is too long, wordy, busy, the header moves with my mouse (not a fan of that).

I also read this on your LP: "Our competitors now BUY their SEO Rankings by buying Google Adwords!".....are you implying that your competitors buy organic rankings through Google AdWords? I would be careful about that statement.

Work on the LP to provide a better user experience.

Work on your relevance of keywords to ad copy

work on your CTR through relevance and also dig into your search terms reports to see if your ads are being served for irrelevant search queries...if you can cut some of the fat like that away from your 6/10 keywords you may see QS lift eventually.

Once you make sure you are doing all you can to have a health LP, lifted CTR and Relevance let things stew for awhile before you make changes. It is going to take a few thousand impressions before things are reassessed as far as your visible QS.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you everyone for your input.