AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Creating Desktop & Mobile Campaigns Separately?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

So what I have now is:

Desktop campaign:

Computers: cant increase this

Mobile devices with full browsers: -100%

Mobile Campaign:

Computers: cant increase this

Mobile devices with full browsers: +300%

With above campaign I am facing issue of competing 2 campaigns with each other. Because these are indentical campaigns with same ads, same keywords etc but 1 for desktop and another for mobile only.

What is the effective way to create desktop and mobile Campaigns Separately?

Is this good practice or should I merge both campaigns in one?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Creating Desktop & Mobile Campaigns Separately?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Mansoor S

For Desktop campaign your strategy will work, but mobile campaigns we can’t reduce the desktop budget, we need to do a manual task and analysis.

As you mentioned if we increase mobile bid +300% also we can’t guaranty that your ads won’t show for Desktop devices.

I followed below strategy to run mobile only campaigns it’s shown a good result compared to other strategies.

First look into your previous campaign Avg. CPC and Max CPC for desktop devices, if campaign Avg. CPC is $ 1.00 for desktops and $ 0.80 for mobile devices.

Set your mobile campaigns max CPC $ 0.40 and increase mobile bid by 100%.

Now the new campaign Max CPC for Desktops will be $0.40 for this Max CPC your ads won’t show in first page in most cases, MAX CPC for mobile devices around $ 1.00.

I hope this helps to you, please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,

Aravindhu.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Aravindhu Ch,

Thanks for writing back.

In both campaigns, ads are either only created for desktop or mobile. For instance: in desktop ads there is no mobile ads, no mobile extensions all are only desktop optimize. And in mobile campaign there is only mobile ads, mobile extensions etc.

So your suggest would not help me as I want to run both campaigns but on different devices. Lowering bid to desktop will not work here I think.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
i think it will work. you reduce your maximum CPC for mobile campaign. and then increase bid of mobile devices with full browser by 300%. by this you will have a bid upto a level for mobile only.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Mansoor,

If you want to target same set of keywords in both campaigns (Desktop & mobile).

Mobile Campaign: set low budget (see history for Desktop campaigns to get the amount) in Max CPC for all devices and increase the Mobile bid +150%, it will prevent show ads for desktop because of low bid and it will show ads for mobile because bid is equal to appear in first page.

Desktop Campaign: as you know decrease mobile bid to -100%.

Let me know if you are looking for other type of solutions. Or we will wait for other community members to come up with suitable ideas for your situation.

Thanks,
Aravindhu.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As far I could test, when we separated mobile from desktop campaign for some reasons we experimented a decrease of conversions so we decided to merge both campaigns and it's performing much better.

You can try by your own and make your conclusions....It depends on many factors..even in the industry you are working on, your target market..etc

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

That nice.
Its better to experiment and analyse and then go with the best performing. no matter how you are doing, the ultimate goal is Max. ROI.

Smiley Happy

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’