Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Created a New Landing Page but Quality Score and Conversions Still Need work

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I made a new landing page for my nonprofit client the other day and he has the Google Adwords grant. This is the page I came up for him and I've been using keywords related to achieving your dreams, changing your life, overcoming depression and positive change in my ad groups.

http://donate.breakdiving.org

I also created this little variation:

http://donate.breakdiving.org/dreams/

Even with this page being mobile friendly, I'm still at most only able to get a 5/10 quality score and I've been running the ads today. Clicks and impressions are looking decent, but I just want some feedback on what I can do to improve this page further and any other ideas for interesting landing pages to try. I love Adwords and keep learning something new all the time. It was honestly my first time ever doing a landing page of any kind and I'm always up for improvement and learning here. 

Also when I check keywords related to make dreams come true, I'm only getting a 3/10 quality score for the terms. Ad relevance is above average, while the other two factors like landing page experience and CTR are below average.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi Roberto

About keywords I can advise you to add more long-tailed keywords. Queries related to changing life, and depression are very broad in meaning, many people are searching for that, queries are used in many meanings.. Look at queries report, add the most relevant ones and exclude the most useless

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm always keeping an eye out for long-tail keywords though I personally felt they were more suitable for SEO purposes. I'll try to look for some really soon.

What is weird to me is when I have a phrase match version of a keyword like "dreams," I'm getting the most clicks from that. With some of the longer tail keywords I've tried like achieve your dreams (both phrase and broad match modified), I don't get as many results at all, but thanks for the great advice. I'm nearly done with some Adwords courses I've been taking and I'm already certified. It was just this part always confused me a little bit.