AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Create one by simply adding a full stop to the second line of your ad, not working ? why sir ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

https://services.google.com/fh/files/emails/65005_LongerAdHeadlines_05.png

Kindly do this for me, I have not earned a single penny, since I joined Adwards, how long should I keep waiting Sir ?

Dr.Pradosh Kumar Das

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Create one by simply adding a full stop to the second line of your ad, not working ? why sir ?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Pradosh,

Just getting a longer headline is not going to help you get any leads/conversions from adwords.

What exactly are you trying to advertise for?

What are the keywords you are using? Are your keywords optimized?

What kind of ad copies have you written for each of your ad groups?

If you are sure of your keywords, landing pages and ads only then go in for trying to get longer headlines etc..

All you need to do is:

1. ensure that you complete your sentence in description line 1 and have a period(.) at the end.

2. Bid high so that you are in the top positions.

Once Google recognizes this as a completed sentence, it will show your ads with longer headlines. This grabs more user attention and could help improve your CTRs.

Here's the article you could read for more information on this:

http://adwords.blogspot.in/2011/02/longer-headlines-for-select-ads-on.html

I would still recommend that you focus on optimizing your keywords and structring your account in a profitable way.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

View solution in original post

Re: Create one by simply adding a full stop to the second line of your ad, not working ? why sir ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Could you specify what goods or services you are marketing via AdWords?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Pradosh,

Just getting a longer headline is not going to help you get any leads/conversions from adwords.

What exactly are you trying to advertise for?

What are the keywords you are using? Are your keywords optimized?

What kind of ad copies have you written for each of your ad groups?

If you are sure of your keywords, landing pages and ads only then go in for trying to get longer headlines etc..

All you need to do is:

1. ensure that you complete your sentence in description line 1 and have a period(.) at the end.

2. Bid high so that you are in the top positions.

Once Google recognizes this as a completed sentence, it will show your ads with longer headlines. This grabs more user attention and could help improve your CTRs.

Here's the article you could read for more information on this:

http://adwords.blogspot.in/2011/02/longer-headlines-for-select-ads-on.html

I would still recommend that you focus on optimizing your keywords and structring your account in a profitable way.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!