AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Create a separate landing page or direct to the existing website?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Which is more appropriate or rather which is more effective to create a separate landing page or direct it to the existing website? 

Thanks,

Davis

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Create a separate landing page or direct to the existing website?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Davis,

There is no definite rule around your question Smiley Happy.

But I must say whether you create dedicated landing pages or use your existing website, the motive should be to direct the users to the relevant page with ease of navigation, unique content and the information should be as precise as the users are looking for. Read more tips on landing page here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3420765?hl=en

There's one interesting tool which you can use to take advantage of and see what works and what not in terms of your website, that is called Content Experiments: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2661700?hl=en

Pankaj 

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Davis,

I would recommend you to create a separate landing page as you would be able to notice the difference in conversion rate and would be able to test it properly. If you want to redirect the webpage you can as it will help u reaching to customer who could have bookmarked your page, and they can be redirected to website.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Pankaj for your reply.

I am offering a product with trial version, and my goal is to get as many registrants for trial version initially and then convert them into sales.

A website generally contains lot of call to action in a website (Navigation to multiple pages), but in a landing page we can restrict to specific call to action and see whether it really works or not. Any thoughts on this? Correct me if my thinking is wrong about the landing page concept.

Thanks,
Davis

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello;

As said, this is a matter of preferences and the campaign goals.
I am a fan dedicated dedicated landing pages. I think they could be better tailored for seasonal campaigns, and  easier to redesign and modify based on the campaign's performance, as the campaign progresses.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Davis
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Davis,

You answered your question on your own Smiley Happy

As you would be in better condition to understand your business, so go for dedicated landing pages if you want and try different versions using different call to actions and then see which ones work better.

Just make sure that you are showcasing the right information so that you are setting the right expectations and no false promises.

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Manish.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Pankaj