AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Create Rule: Send email when Account hits $X amount total spend.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have seen similar posts on the forum, but unfortunately none seem to answer this question.

I know there can be automated rules setup to email when your campaign hits a certain daily limit.  This really doesn't help much if you have an account with a ton of different campaigns.

I'm specifically looking to be notified when the entire account hits a certain limit.  I.E. - If the account has a total budget of $20k for the month, I want to be alerted when we hit $15k, etc.

Thanks

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Bobby, I haven't tried this myself, but this is how I would do it:

1) Link the AdWords and Analytics accounts in question

2) Create a custom Analytics segment that encompasses all the PPC users of the account in question

3) Create a custom alert in Analytics with the following settings:

a. Period = Day

b. This applies to = your custom segment from step 2

c. Alert me when = Cost

d. Condition = Is greater than

e. Value = The daily spend threshold when you'd like an email

f. Tick the "Send me an email when this alert triggers" (make sure you're sending the email to your own address)

g. Give your sweet new alert a name and save it!

Let me know if this works! Good luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Chet,

Thanks for the reply.  I made a segment where Medium contains cpc and Source contains google.  When I go to Adwords - Campaigns, then apply this segment (and remove all users) it shows the correct sessions, transactions and revenue but shows 0 for all clicks, costs and cpc metrics?  If I just look at the standard Adwords view in Analytics without the segment it has all the appropriate numbers?

This makes me think obviously if I setup the alert based on this it wouldn't work.  Any idea why it would strip out the clicks and cost numbers when making this segment?  

Any other ideas on how to set this alert up?  The help is much appreciated.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

My apologies, Bobby. It looks like this method actually does not work. Please leave an update when you discover how to make this work, at the moment I'm not coming up with anything else.

From the official Analytics help page on Segments:

AdWords cost data

AdWords cost data is not compatible with segments. If you apply a segment to an AdWords report that includes cost data, then the cost data all have zero values.