AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Create Google Display performance oriented campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

I have some experience for Google Display network. Mainly I never seen really obvious conversion on the direct GDN campaigns. I would like to create a GDN campaign, which shows obvious results, like a conversion or leads not just clicks and impression.

Can you guys help me out? How do you set up GDN? What do you choose in GDN in order to get good results?

For which kind of client would you recommend GDN and which area would you start with? Can you guys tell me some trails and erros?

Thanks a lot.

Christine

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Create Google Display performance oriented campaign

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Christine,

ROI focused display campaigns involve layering more than one targeting method and then tuning further by eliminating irrelevant results, just the way we negate irrelevant search terms in a search campaign.

I've noticed better conversion rates (comparatively) while using a combination of Keywords & Topics. Further refining would be required in this case - going through placement reports and excluding irrelevant/under performing  placements.

As a good practice, I'd suggest adding placements with good performance in a new ad group/campaign to increase the probability of showing ads as compared to a combination of keywords and topics.

In Market audiences is a good targeting method you can use for ROI. I wouldn't suggest any other layering with In Market, as it is specific.

Here's a nice article by @Ratan-Jha that might help.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar