Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Crazy Increase in Impressions and Low CTR for No Apparent reason

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

First, let me say that I know that impressions and clicks are not usually real time. That said, the last few days I have been making quite a few changes to my account. These changes have been reflected in a much higher CTR. However, about an hour and a half ago I check my account and had about 100 impressions and 0 clicks, then I checked it a few minutes ago and had close to 500 impressions. This is almost more impressions than we get in a week. Can anyone give me an idea why this is happening? It has resulted in an awful click through rate as none of these converted into a click.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Caleb M
September 2015

Re: Crazy Increase in Impressions and Low CTR for No Apparent reason

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Caleb M;

It would be hard to speculate here without looking into the account and the campaign structure.

However, even if I looked at the campaign, I would not make additional changes until  seeing data of at least 2-3 days. AdWords is a system of a "steady state" behaviorFrequent changes and  frequent transitions from one "state" to another  is not a  practice I would advocate.

Mt recommendation: Let the system to  stabilize, then analyze the data and only then make additional changes.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @MosheTLV, that is what I kind of assumed, but you can of course imagine my dismay when everything went downhill out of the blue. Thanks again.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Caleb M;

I understand your concerns  and worries about the possible  drop of performances, hence your  "passion" to make changes right away.  I have been in  the same situation many times. But, I did not take action, until I had collected enough data  for analysis.

Come back in  2 days and let us know the results.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’