AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Could changing domain name from ".in" to ".com" lower down your CPC?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

I just had a basic question. For an existing client we had a domain name "www.abc.in" and now it has changed to "www.abc.com". However, what has been observed all over the account is, the Avg.CPC for the same old set of kw's has lowered down a LOT. The account is running with the same old structure, except for the domain name has changed from ".in" to ".com". Could changing the domain name be an important factor here?

Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Sushrut

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Sushrut,

In my experience, you have changed the domain from a country specific to universal domain extension. So if your target audiences are global, that might have impacted the average CPC since you are not advertising an Indian domain across the globe but a global domain. There is a possibility that landing page quality of your account has improved with this change leading to less Avg. CPC.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj,

My TG is restricted to India and so are the campaign settings. Although the website content is now revised and domain name changed to ".com".  

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sushrut V
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello, Sushrut. In case you changed the content as well as the TLD, most likely it's the content that helped you get a better quality score for the new landing pages and not necessarily the change from .in to .com.

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Calin,

Thank you so much. Appreciate.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Happy to hear that, Sushrut. Good luck!

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.