2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Cost per conversion using the contact form

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Some of the clicks I get are from window shoppers who like my pictures. Is it possible to pay per contact page sent. Otherwise PPC isn't a great ROI. Thanks Lincoln

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lincoln M
September 2015

Re: Cost per conversion using the contact form

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
CPA is unlikely to achieve the desired results for the reasons Calin outlines.

Negative keywords might help. Take a look at the Search Query Reports (unde the keyword tab go to details)

People might be searching for (and I realize this is very obvious - but you'll get the idea) "pictures of xxx" using the negative "-pictures of" might help to eliminate some of this traffic.

also try and tighten up the ad copy - try and make it clear what the site is for rather than what it's about,

for example - Buy toys for your cat - as opposed to - Happy Playful Kittens.

Even tightening up the match type on your keywords to phrae or exact will help to reduce the wastage.

All of this said - it's easy to become obsessed with the wastage - it's simpler to accept it to a degree. Over obsession can often lead to you blocking desirable traffic....

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Lincoln.

No, that is not possible with AdWords. What is possible, with AdWords, is making as sure as possible (within certain limits) that as few window shoppers as possible see your ads.

You can target by location, day of the week, hour of the day, language and to some extent even by device (you can exclude mobile phones and you can bid much lower for desktop and tablets if your business is more geared towards mobiles).

Also, you can qualify your traffic even more by clearly stating what your target audience is, at ad level.

But paying only per lead or per conversion is not possible. If it were possible everybody would open an AdWords account, set it up as quickly as possible and hope to get as many clicks as possible (useful or not) while thinking that maybe some of those clicks would turn out useful.

It's up to us, the advertisers, to make sure that irrelevant clicks & impressions are as few as possible.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Isn't CPA closer to what he needs ?

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472713?hl=en

"

• target CPA bid is the average amount you'd like to pay for a conversion. Some bids will be above this target and some will be below it, but altogether, the cost per conversion should average to the Target CPA you set."

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
In order for CPA to work you need at least 15 conversions in the past 30 days. Then you start with what the system recommends in terms of bids. If your track record is a bad one (lots of traffic, few conversions), the system will recommend a high CPA bid. If you'll then say "no way, I cannot go over X", the system might decide that you can only afford very small chunks of traffic (the ones which follow a pattern which performed within your limits in the past).

Whatever bidding method you choose, there's no way to avoid good targeting, from every point of vue.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lincoln M
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
CPA is unlikely to achieve the desired results for the reasons Calin outlines.

Negative keywords might help. Take a look at the Search Query Reports (unde the keyword tab go to details)

People might be searching for (and I realize this is very obvious - but you'll get the idea) "pictures of xxx" using the negative "-pictures of" might help to eliminate some of this traffic.

also try and tighten up the ad copy - try and make it clear what the site is for rather than what it's about,

for example - Buy toys for your cat - as opposed to - Happy Playful Kittens.

Even tightening up the match type on your keywords to phrae or exact will help to reduce the wastage.

All of this said - it's easy to become obsessed with the wastage - it's simpler to accept it to a degree. Over obsession can often lead to you blocking desirable traffic....