AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

AdWords Express
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Make the most out of your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Cost Per Click

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I just want to know that is there any way to set a cost per click in AdWords express? I know we can set a daily budget but not sure if can set cost per click too. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. Saeed

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Cost Per Click

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Actually, AdWords Express does not act that way.  AdWords Express extrapolates a monthly budget from your daily spend.  See "How budgets work" on https://support.google.com/adwords/express/answer/1615092

The AdWords Express algorithm seems to be the same as the standard AdWords bid algorithm, which spreads the bids out evenly.

View solution in original post

Cost Per Click

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

No, you cannot manually set a cost per click.  One of the helpful features of AdWords Express is that Google is using automated bidding tools to get you the highest number of clicks (or goal completions, if you have set that up in Google Analytics).  The algorithms are similar to the automated bidding in the standard AdWords account.

Cost Per Click

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, The thing is in Adwords you have a control on spending even though you select automated bidding. You just select maximum cost and then automated bidding so you know the cost per click will not be more than maximum cpc while in AdWord express it's not the case you just need to set the daily budget and then this is it, google can spend that budget with an hour costing very high price per click.

That is the only set back in AdWords express and that is the reason I am reluctant to turn my ads on in AdWords express.

I thought may there is some other way around where I can have control on my spending in AdWords express.

Thanks for your help.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Cost Per Click

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Actually, AdWords Express does not act that way.  AdWords Express extrapolates a monthly budget from your daily spend.  See "How budgets work" on https://support.google.com/adwords/express/answer/1615092

The AdWords Express algorithm seems to be the same as the standard AdWords bid algorithm, which spreads the bids out evenly.

Cost Per Click

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you for the help,