Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Correct ad locations not being delivered

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have linked a my business with 300 locations to ad-words campaign, when my client searches store location to check what I have done, pretty much the same stores appear and they aren't the ones closest to her location ? Am i missing something ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Correct ad locations not being delivered

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @John D,

With 300 different locations, that is rather complex.

Are you using a different campaign for each location? You would want to... and then you would go to site extensions / location extensions and use the filter to pull the specific, precise location into AdWords for each location. This would make only location 123 show for the ads in the campaign for location 123.

We have to do this for clients (I am an agency owner, not Google employee), and to make it fast & easy, you will want to first create the right label for each location in the Google My Business listings. The label needs to make sense to you (or make a spreadsheet with what label belongs to what location). Then you would use the filter: Business Name and Label for each location extension for each campaign.

Once this is done, you would need to make sure the campaigns are set correctly for geo-location targeting.  

Please let us know if we can help further.

Kind Regards,

James