AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Copying Ad Groups not working

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

I am splitting our campaigns into separate ad groups (until recently we only had one ad group for two products, however I felt it would be better to split these into separate groups so relevant keyword searches result in relevant adverts, as recommended by Google).

However I am now trying to copy these ad groups into other campaigns, normally, you'd think, a simple/straightforward process (I even looked this up to be sure I was doing it correctly!) https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/38653?hl=en-GB

On following the instructions and pasting the ad groups into another campaign, I am confronted with the following error which results in the Ad Groups not copying:

"Destination URL is deprecated. Please use final URL instead."

Even though all of my Destination URL's have been converted to final URLs.

Can anyone suggest where I may be going wrong or advise?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Copying Ad Groups not working

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sam S,

Have you cleared the destination URL field after populating the final URL field? You can't have both at once which might be the reason this message is popping up.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Copying Ad Groups not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The main important suggestion for you is to Copy/paste ad groups, keywords, ads..
these work should be implemented in Google Adwords Editor, as it will allow you to do it fastly and easily.

GO ahead & let me know if any issues in working on it.
It;s most useful to use editor Smiley Happy