AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Converting Keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I am writing to ask if you see a trend in keywords that convert.

I noticed most of my conversions come from branded keywords; the others helps the conversion, and from time to time lead to purchase, but haven't' got a high conversion rate.

Do you experience the same?

Thanks

Simone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simone P
April 2016

Re: Converting Keywords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
The trends you see will depend greatly on weather you are targeting brand keywords or non-brand as well as the industry, time, location and everything really. Generally, brand will always convert because these are people actively seeking you. Branded keywords always deserve their own AdGroup or Campaign so that way you can better seperate them from the non-brand keywords and optimize those since non-brand will require the most work and are the most important in generating new customers.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simone P
April 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
The trends you see will depend greatly on weather you are targeting brand keywords or non-brand as well as the industry, time, location and everything really. Generally, brand will always convert because these are people actively seeking you. Branded keywords always deserve their own AdGroup or Campaign so that way you can better seperate them from the non-brand keywords and optimize those since non-brand will require the most work and are the most important in generating new customers.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Chris, thank you for the answer.

Lets' say for instance that my customer is selling windows, doors and conservatories, but only wants to advertise conservatories; using branded keywords would advertise the whole business and the customer has requested to do not use them. With this background I can see the number of phone calls decreasing a little bit and the e-commerce almost flat.

How do you generally act?

Thanks,

Simone